Craft felt is a fun material to work with because it’s easy to cut and it doesn’t fray. Here I’ve made three snow-covered fir trees with papier maché cones as base. Continue reading for my full tutorial.
- You will need: Craft felt in different colors, a pair of scissors, a glue gun and papier maché cones.
- Do like this: Cut a strip of craft felt to cover the foot of the Christmas tree and a piece to cover the top.
- Preheat your glue gun and glue the felt strip around the foot of the tree and the other piece of felt around the top.
- Cut a round piece of craft felt and use it as a template to cut the rest of the circles. For my 11 cm high fir trees I used about 50 circles and they are 2 cm in diameter.
- Glue the circles to the papier maché cone. Let them overlap a little bit and do one row at a time. Start at the bottom and work your way to the top.
- I finished off by cutting out small felt stars and glued them to the top of the Christmas trees.
You can very the look of the tree by cutting jagged stripes of the craft felt instead of circles and glue them to the papier maché cones, one row at a time. Again, you should start at the bottom and work your way up.
And this is what the trees look like when they are done.